Jump to content
Curious Cosmos
Sign in to follow this  
GregoryTarasoff

I am from the future and I CAN PROVE IT

Recommended Posts

OvLrdLegion,

 

>Can you describe in brief, how you are utilizing the web to communicate?

 

we use a device called a relay, which is a disc about 3 micrometers in diameter. the device was inserted into a defunct 45 year old internet backbone communication fiber in 2037 ym. the fiber had been chosen for excavation becuase its position had remained unchanged (relative to the surrounding soil) since it was initially buried some 45 years earlier. the relay is subatomically inserted into the fiber core creating an interlocking matrix. after the insertion, we do something i personally dont understand very well but ill try to explain it. the relay is split into two copies of itself, each seperated by less than a nanosecond. Then our microsingularity is used to transport one of the two of the relays back 37 years in time. but the two copies of the relay, which are actually the same object, remain 'connected', almost as if they had a rubber band between them. what happens to one will happen to the other.

 

this allows us to excite our copy of the relay causing the 2006 ad version to emit photons. the opposite effect happens as well-- excitation of the 2006 ad relay causes present copy to emit photons.

 

now i should say i have nothing to do with any of that. i've never seen the relay, or the trunk, or even been in the insertion lab. i'm not an expert in physics or hardware but thats the basic principle. its a simple enough to send and receive internet signals through the relay.

 

our connection is the routed through an anonymous relay network so that the physical location of the relay can never be ascertained. obviously there are people who would arrest us all if they knew who and where we were. but the anonymous relay network is run by people in 2006 who have no knowledge of time travel-- we have nothing to do with it. its simply a lucky thing for us.

 

>Are you able to read the posts from future dates within this forum ?

 

no, no, emphatically no. i have no idea what you were going to say. i dont have some giant archive of everything that is said on this forum. i have no idea what you will say next.

 

>If so, then I am going to post a very simple question. If you can post the answer to my question before I post it , then I will be a believer.

 

but stop and think what you are asking me to do. first lets look at it from my perspective. i have to wait until you ask your question. then we have to collapse the relays into one, extract them from the fiber, reinsert it at a different point, resplit them. then, the most energy expensive part of all, we have to reusing the ms and send it back to precisely the time, and then i have to post the answer to your question before you ask it.

 

but think of what this would look like from the point of vier of a reader of this forum. you seem to think that on tuesday they will read the forum and find your question with no reply. but then wednesday they will check the form and find a whole new message that is my reply but which is dated on monday. this is not possible at all. this is not what would happen.

 

here is what would happen. on monday you check the forum and find a message from me answering a question no one has asked. on tuesday, you decide to post a message asking me the question i've already answered. this is hardly proof or convincing at all to anyone.

 

but there is a slightly different way to do it. ask me in a few months and we may be able to do something very dramatic and convincing that is like this.

 

>Does AQCE mean anything to you?

no. should it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whats the film called? frequencey?

maybe if u tell us where u are we could hide somethin that would be there in your time and u could tell us what we hid

 

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe if u tell us where u are we could hide somethin that would be there in your time and u could tell us what we hid

 

 

Good idea.

 

 

Why dont you provide us with the GPS co-ordinates of where you are accessing the web ? You say you are inserting your device into a segment of cable...exactly where are you doing this...?

Perhaps, since you are now communicating with us here in 2006, perhaps we can make it easier for you by constructing a better portal to access.

 

You obviuosly need to go through quite a bit of trouble to send your information to this era. But, for what purpose are you in TTI ?

 

If you want to "prove" you are indeed from the future, you are going through alot of trouble to make posts that are worthless...in light of what you say you need to do to communicate.

 

To answer a simple question doesnt seem to be out of reach of your capabilites, since you already have had to go through the effort to respond to other comments in this thread.

 

Anything we post in the future, should be accessible to you. You are really telling me that you can not read the posts of tomorrow?

 

You are making a claim, yet are unwilling to offer proof that satisfies our methods of inquiry.

 

 

As far as the math question..or proof..I am sure that Darby or someone of his caliber will put an end to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all I do believe you are communicating from 2043.

AQCE is a very strong cipher used for communications in the 40's. Since your previous posts were math related, I thought you might be familiar with it, or like me, at least aware of it. Maybe one of your colleagues knows.

I'm curious in the ability of your 1998 computer to send TCP streams. Your IPv4 addresses posted here are from exit nodes of the early 21st century Tor Network. I sense that you would need Tor compatible client software in order to send packets to your relays and out bouncing through the onion routing network. How do you configure your 1998 computer's originating IPv4 address and know it's not used elsewhere in the legacy network at this very moment in 2006? Is there compatible client software that will communicate with legacy Tor in your time? Bouncing around an onion routing network is the best choice for this time, however it still has weaknesses that could compromise your 2006 relay. Seems odd that you wouldn't use a more modern 40's computer which could provide more secure control at your end-point while providing legacy services for transparent IPv4 communications.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whats the film called? frequencey?

 

 

Bah! What a horrible movie. A time machine out of Dad's Broken Ham Radio? What genius screenwriter came up with that one. Give me a Delorean. The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine, why not do it with some style?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ovlrdlegion,

 

firstly i do not blame you for your skepticism. great claims require great evidence, and until you have verified my computational claims, you have no such evidence. frankly, i had hoped the multiplication would have been easy to verify. given the amount of physics discussions that john titor had with members of the board, i naively assumed that many someones would have easy access to arbitrary-precision software of the type used by mathematicians that requires no programming knowledge. i had not anticipated that such software would be available only to academics or would otherwise be difficult to obtain. until such time as you can verify my factorization of a 500 digit number, i have in effect given you no proof at all, and my promises of proof are just words written with pitchfork on the water. I have confidence that someone will step forward to verify it in time, and when that happens, i imagine the skepticism will tend to evaporate.

 

fortunately, i do not need to convince everyone and i do not need to be believed by everyone. a few will do, and several individuals have already contacted me to offer their assistance. so ironically, despite the main tool of my attempt to complete my portion of this project having so far failed to achieve results(my access to 500-digit factorization), nonetheless, i seem to be making progress and expect to have success within several weeks. that my expensive qcomputer bits did not contribute to this is of course a source of embarassment for me among my colleagues.

 

i find it hard to understand your confidence that i have access to your future posts. if you were having a telephone conversation with someone from the year 1970 would you know what they were about to say before they said it? how could you? hindsight is not the same as omniscience. and while i grant you there is, physically, a way we could obtain that information if it were overwhelmingly important, it would require an enormous expenditure of time and energy. would the united states recreate and entire apollo mission merely to convince skeptics that they had landed on the moon. (i exaggerate of course, the delayed choice event wouldnt as hard as putting a man on the moon something that hasn't been done in sixty some years.)

 

>Why dont you provide us with the GPS co-ordinates of where you are accessing the web ?

>You say you are inserting your device into a segment of cable...exactly where are you doing this...?

 

i would never ever give out the location of the relay. the project has taken elaborate steps to ensure that its location is hidden and impossible to trace. i would not even give out what region of the country the relay is in. to do so might well mean all our deaths. there is a very high probability that titor or someone like him might be monitoring our communications, and the government obviously would not approve of our activities.

 

also, it would not be possible for you to construct a better relay. the bottleneck lies in the entanglement, not in the embedding fiber.

 

cpEndeavor1,

 

i am impressed with your tracking abilities. we were fortunate to be able to make use of the tor network. i will tell you that is it not the only level of security used to obscure the transmit location, but it provided an added layer of security. in answer to your question, there is no single IPv4 address that the relay holds. it can and does use any ip address that is guaranteed to have to transmit through the embedding fiber. since our usable bandwidth is so miniscule compared to that of the overall fiber, it is inconceivable that we could be noticed that way. incidentally, the ip masquerading abilities of an embedded fiber relay is the primary reason that method won out over the alternative-- creating a relay that accesses the numerous 802.11 broadcasts available. A wireless relay would have been significantly simpler to insert, but a good deal less secure.

 

as to how a 1998 machine manages all this, i did not mean to give the impression in my earlier post that the only computers involved are pre-war. the thought of having to run the whole project without a contemporary machine is an interesting idea-- i think it could actually be possible except for the insertion mechanics. fortunately however, we do have a modern machine that runs that actual networking, encryptions, error corrections, transmission analysis, and download queueing. My 1998 machine is one of a fleet that is used for end-to-end-- it views the incoming data and initiates the outgoing requests. it, in fact, has no idea that there is a relay at all, and just thinks its on a very narrow lan connection.

 

this system is used for several reasons-- one is that we have guaranteed compatability, so that's one thing we don't have to worry about. two, i've touched on this before but even though they are old, they are fully-programmable computers. I can't just walk in to a store and buy a programmable computer, anymore than you could walk into a store and buy a cruise missile or a CJD prion sample. The two modern military grade computers used in the project were illegally acquired. And then of course, there's the computer that factored the 500 digit number-- no one on our team even knows where that one physically is. it was harder to get than the microsingularity. i'm something of a celebrity for being awarded the 'use' of it around here, and the object of more than a few laughs for its failure to help contribute to my mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha yea it is a horrible movie

with a horrible script

like this thread!

 

hey mr time traveller dude, u didnt answer my question. an easy way of proof is for us to leave something here in this time that you can find in your time.

easy way to prove ur talkin out ur ass in my opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

lets say i knew the lottery number or some other major even that could never have been guessed ahead of time and lets say i told you. I would be proved correct i would be suddenly known and the news media would run a story about a time traveller or a prophet.

 

 

 

This sounds very similar to someone else who has posted here. Let me ask you just how big of an impact would there be if someone did like u say give the winning lotto numbers. You say this creates a paradox, could the more people who knew the numbers created a larger paradox?

 

 

 

the fourth world war began in 2001 ad. the us attacked afghanastan, iraq, iran, and various others. things got worse, more got involved. some big attacks, then a civil war between the true americans and titor's fascists over whats left. you know which side wins.

 

 

 

Did I miss a world war or something? I thought WWII ended in 1945, when did WWIII happen.

 

So u are assuring us we will attack Iran. Then we have our civil war? Care to tell us when these events happen, like can you tell us what year Iran is attacked. If you can put a month on it that would be even better but surely u must know at least what year that happened!!!

 

Btw how old are you? If you dont mind me asking, what year were u born in. Maybe you were a youngin when all that happened I dunno.

 

 

when iran is hit i wont seem like a prophet ill just be a lucky guessor.

 

 

 

If Iran is hit and u give us the month or year, then I think you would be considered more than just a lucky guessor. We had a TTer here predict the popes death a month in advance, seems like it would be childs play for anyone from the future, so give us a date, even cryptic, give us some indication when these events might unfold if you would so kindly...

:)

 

 

eventually however someone will confirm i have successfully solved an unsolvable (in 2006 ad) problem and i think that will be proof enough for at least one person to get the help i need.

 

 

 

Hey u already got me hooked, what help are you lookin for. I figure eventually someone will do your math and if they prove you right I dont wanna be on the wrong side, so what help do you need. You keep saying you need help, can you state publicly what help you are looking for?

 

Why do time travelers always need help, [censored] u should be helpin us apparently with all the [censored] coming down we will need it!

 

 

 

 

after the conclusion of the project i mabe be allowed to make a slightly more dramatic form of proof that will cause more contamination but by then it wont matter.

 

 

 

Tell us more about this project. How long does it last, how do u know when its over, will you tell us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if nothin else at least what your writin is interesting!

that chronohistorian guy has just lost the plot. your story is far better thought out,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am impressed with your tracking abilities. we were fortunate to be able to make use of the tor network

 

 

First of all thank you for answering my questions. They were insightful. The reason for my trace was for mere curiosity. You are fortunate. In my time all discovered legacy backbone fiber as we know is monitored, and is illegal to access. Therefore we've positioned ourselves to utilize travel for research purposes and painstakingly lay groundwork for future travel, backend communication and, hopefully, sucessful return. I'm not questioning your tactics, legal or illegal because you already know the risks. We all have our own agenda and means to accomplish it. Once again thank you, and good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ehehe do u guys meet up at weekends and talk about this [censored]? u remind me of a guy i work with who at the weekends is leader of over 50 men in a rpg known as "LARP" they go into mad in depth (bull shoite) conversations about ther characters.

good show thou at least uve got some continuity when thers 2 of u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is correct. You can actually check the answer from here at http://std.com/~reinhold/BigNumCalc.html I only post this because you would have eventually figured out he got the number correct anyway. I really wish you earlier guys would have thought more about the problems you could cause before you went off spewing messages about the "future". We have enough problems cleaning up after our own renegades without having to clean up your messes as well. Please complete the task you were assigned and stop inadvertantly causing temporance anomalies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of our esteemed members here at TTI responded to my inquiry regarding the math question...his response is as follows...

..................................................................................................

 

There are a few points.

 

1. Back in 1997, it was easy enough to factor a 100-digit number in days (12 days to be exact).

Now, given some desktop computers Mac included, esp. the G5s can factor a 800-digit number in a matter of weeks, if not days.

Computer power is too fast to be ignored. Moore's Law is always in effect. (Ok, may be not Moore's Law but something or some one similar.) ;-)

 

2. A real challenge of factoring a random large number needs to be on the order of 2^3000000 -- a 9000000-digits number. Then you would be talking about a few months, perhaps a year or two.

 

3. The so-called factors he gave are not valid.

You need not go through the exghaustion of calculating for verification. A simple visual inspection and rudimentary calculation that can be done in head or on a 1970s pocket calculator to check that the factors he gave are incorrect.

(I learned the trick years ago when I took a prep class for the SAT -- the old SAT back in the 1990s before they allowed the use of calculators.) The trick is nothing more than simple property of numbers; the sort of information one learns as an aside in an undergrad course on Number Theory.

 

I leave you to figure it out. Hint: just look at the final digits. If you want the answer, then I'd tell you.

 

4. Look, if one wanted to prove that they were from the future and had advance knowledge, then they need only to return with the proof or an outline of the proof of an un-solved famous math problem.

Without knowing any math beyond senior high school algebra, any average Joe knows Fermat's Last Theorem and knows that it was proved. The details are not necessary, except for those wishing for a jump on fame in the future.

If wanting to prove that some one was from the future to people in the 1980s, then they only need to return with Ribet's Springer-Verlag published textbook exploring the proof or Simon Singh's (sp?) book Fermat's Last Theorem as proof. Borrowing nothing, they can still prove to be from the future to anyone in the 1980s by presenting an outline of the proof that was presented in the PBS' NOVA/BBC documentary on Andrew Wiles' proof. Without knowing any math, there is a one-minute summary of the proof of Wiles' to which any one can memorize and proclaim to know and share.

As long as there are mathematicians such famous un-solved and solved problems will remain in their minds; thus you can always ask the question: what is the solution to the Reimann's Hypothesis? or who solved The Continuum Hypothesis?

...................................................................................................

 

So there you have it. Your proof is NOT proof that you are from the year you claim to be communicating from...want to try again with something else...perhaps as suggested in the mathematicians response, or as Rainmantime suggested.

 

If you cant do those, then the gig is up and you are done, my friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how you did your math but his factors are correct.

 

(2 * 11) * 109 * 563 * 787 * 811 * 26249 * 26740187 * 297977633 * 2576609840821073 *

35201546659608842026088328007565866231962578784643756647773109869245232364730066609837018108561065242031153677

*

(3 * 13) * 17 * 47383219405128844982535569 *

745213698191737003631319694753125429293968166002970537936165661845575001172678049743806549549977234670072449443569701103 *

10513733234846849736873637829838635104309714688896631127438692162131857778044158273164093838937083421380041997 * 10966824629 *

420145406901811857791227072284165226561693483222287527567496017033892563342686752247587935117119306171161848593337649107 =

 

(22 * 109) * 563 * 787 * 811 * 26249 * 26740187 * 297977633 * 2576609840821073 *

35201546659608842026088328007565866231962578784643756647773109869245232364730066609837018108561065242031153677

*

(39 * 17) * 47383219405128844982535569 *

745213698191737003631319694753125429293968166002970537936165661845575001172678049743806549549977234670072449443569701103 *

10513733234846849736873637829838635104309714688896631127438692162131857778044158273164093838937083421380041997 * 10966824629 *

420145406901811857791227072284165226561693483222287527567496017033892563342686752247587935117119306171161848593337649107 =

 

(2398 * 563) * 787 * 811 * 26249 * 26740187 * 297977633 * 2576609840821073 *

35201546659608842026088328007565866231962578784643756647773109869245232364730066609837018108561065242031153677

*

(663 * 47383219405128844982535569) *

745213698191737003631319694753125429293968166002970537936165661845575001172678049743806549549977234670072449443569701103 *

10513733234846849736873637829838635104309714688896631127438692162131857778044158273164093838937083421380041997 * 10966824629 *

420145406901811857791227072284165226561693483222287527567496017033892563342686752247587935117119306171161848593337649107 =

 

(1350074 * 787) * 811 * 26249 * 26740187 * 297977633 * 2576609840821073 *

35201546659608842026088328007565866231962578784643756647773109869245232364730066609837018108561065242031153677

*

(31415074465600424223421082247 *

745213698191737003631319694753125429293968166002970537936165661845575001172678049743806549549977234670072449443569701103) *

10513733234846849736873637829838635104309714688896631127438692162131857778044158273164093838937083421380041997 * 10966824629 *

420145406901811857791227072284165226561693483222287527567496017033892563342686752247587935117119306171161848593337649107 =

 

(1062508238 * 811) * 26249 * 26740187 * 297977633 * 2576609840821073 *

35201546659608842026088328007565866231962578784643756647773109869245232364730066609837018108561065242031153677

*

(23410943821478898172793410070845944913263968079670173301164764023273962126484012751694163122014646370984661623226978140153120165690603247410569618441 *

10513733234846849736873637829838635104309714688896631127438692162131857778044158273164093838937083421380041997) * 10966824629 *

420145406901811857791227072284165226561693483222287527567496017033892563342686752247587935117119306171161848593337649107 =

 

(861694181018 * 26249) * 26740187 * 297977633 * 2576609840821073 *

35201546659608842026088328007565866231962578784643756647773109869245232364730066609837018108561065242031153677

*

(246136418115015206364182872279915314712458386385604039593559636332320522736404252853344098125559342987207457474963950912003644672875180137612607923789144836150268442981713283188132177760669322734713532992501005168493233146062435036412978445954923360845666677 *

10966824629) *

420145406901811857791227072284165226561693483222287527567496017033892563342686752247587935117119306171161848593337649107 =

 

(22618610557541482 * 26740187) * 297977633 * 2576609840821073 *

35201546659608842026088328007565866231962578784643756647773109869245232364730066609837018108561065242031153677

*

(2699334932277590519864238267179336655422874684951240672456540969509575937467752635092397580335176937073165176568904807748908582136252173775981557839531348591940933505453335430684059607573114396091806006881764095789087884086076666929046363836344598937529711581248187833 *

420145406901811857791227072284165226561693483222287527567496017033892563342686752247587935117119306171161848593337649107) =

 

(604825875988833488937134 * 297977633) * 2576609840821073 *

35201546659608842026088328007565866231962578784643756647773109869245232364730066609837018108561065242031153677 *

1134113173486043023748121473429536334362479654408969269853397946608511127418543880464702149830318139096731893955964278738609053764127444035401057044691901460560733920842461047923490178390032897826256474851849440997577359482256337101299786838179586458084860378170866973572505338807813250257677360685218911230642995084723465541287953428571167891062949870253234842694897728946777536180715131 =

 

(180224582904304137464618875123822 * 2576609840821073) *

35201546659608842026088328007565866231962578784643756647773109869245232364730066609837018108561065242031153677 *

1134113173486043023748121473429536334362479654408969269853397946608511127418543880464702149830318139096731893955964278738609053764127444035401057044691901460560733920842461047923490178390032897826256474851849440997577359482256337101299786838179586458084860378170866973572505338807813250257677360685218911230642995084723465541287953428571167891062949870253234842694897728946777536180715131 =

 

(464368433869103357903035356554257997263021901006 *

35201546659608842026088328007565866231962578784643756647773109869245232364730066609837018108561065242031153677) *

1134113173486043023748121473429536334362479654408969269853397946608511127418543880464702149830318139096731893955964278738609053764127444035401057044691901460560733920842461047923490178390032897826256474851849440997577359482256337101299786838179586458084860378170866973572505338807813250257677360685218911230642995084723465541287953428571167891062949870253234842694897728946777536180715131 =

 

(16346487092092724769845604147240641128208742841063561616719861374573304708439847430369773974270152663843110836977204517908545488779089323808630501799866899062 *

1134113173486043023748121473429536334362479654408969269853397946608511127418543880464702149830318139096731893955964278738609053764127444035401057044691901460560733920842461047923490178390032897826256474851849440997577359482256337101299786838179586458084860378170866973572505338807813250257677360685218911230642995084723465541287953428571167891062949870253234842694897728946777536180715131) =

 

18538766351361919312845678191705085440094873207093838284252181683439010952372238950386370395683427684760721878299841049239761149698627078373620909974127871557797275219344184334885518229466413656650196988346498157314059547191105842146397411086425874744144496812872074284863563242412311443442393599634501824778702239082758978461729599649072671810993691226347438579420302556873337476181466375497597012276040286600591941929987448671830224928575735440280715455025897386947016812368300465426910061468583616416156580836416305888759021239753678553107122

 

 

Which is the original number. I already gave you the link to an online calculator that can handle numbers of that size to verify the answer.

 

There was only a matter of a few hours difference between the time that number was posted which isn't possible with known algorithms and processing power so...

 

1) He already knew the answer ahead of time by a) being the same person as the poster of the number or b) knowing that person and knowing what he was going to post.

 

2) He has an algorithm that he created that factors numbers way faster than any known method.

 

3) He is telling the truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, i'm glad that the numbers finally got verified. life in the mess hall just got a little easier for me.

 

OvLrdLegion,

 

your mathematician isn't particularly good at math. the factors are correct. furthermore, it is incorrect that an 800 digit number can be factored in weeks. i may have made several errors in this mission, but factoring too short a number was not one of them-- before i posted my first message, i was sure to confirm that 600 digits is well beyond the ability of anyone alive in 2006.

 

the simplest proof of this is something called the rsa factoring challenge, which apparently is some sort of giant competition where people try to factor large numbers in order to win cash prizes. in november 2005, for example, a group succesfully factored a number 193 digits long-- it took them five months using a group of eighty computers.

 

i expect therefore that the feat of factoring a 600 digit number in less than a day should be seen as a little extraordinary. granted, this does not prove i am communicating to you through time. you could reasonably conclude that i could merely have access to some sort of incredibly advanced computing technology which is just thirty years ahead of its time. nonetheless, this should set me apart from routine posters who have nothing but their own word to demonstrate something extraordinary is occuring.

 

the mathematician proposes an alternative method of proof-- that i could transmit to you a completed result from mathematics, such as a proof for some major mathematical open problem. this approach however has many problems with it and if you think about at it, you will agree it is untenable. the first problems are practical: such proofs are several hundreds of pages long, and they would be difficult to transmit and impossible for you to verify without the aid of armies of the world's best mathematicians working for many months. it would create far more publicity than we want and draw way too much attention to our project. by the time the proof was verified the bridge might have broken down.

 

the second problem is more subtle and i can illustrate it with a concrete example. i live in a universe where a mathematician named andrew wiles proved fermat's last theorem. now suppose i communicate with 1950 ad in some universe and transmit to it the copy of the proof. in this universe, andrew wiles does not prove anything, instead the proof was not discovered but transmitted into it. but according to my history, andrew wiles did prove it. therefore, i cannot be communicating with _my_ past. rather, my very act of transmitting the proof ensures that i am communicating with a parallel instance universe which is not a predecessor to my universe. and therefore, all the data i have gotten from that communication is essentially worthless. road will be in different places, people will be in in different places, all the details will be scrambled and different.

 

the whole point of communicating with the past is to communicate with your past, not with some parallel one. or if you are communicating with a parallel one, communicating with one as 'nearby' as possible, that is, one as similar to your own past.

 

so the idea of transmitting a complex mathematical result is a bad one. the factoring was perfect precisely because it was difficult yet trivial. similarly, the idea of factoring a 9000000 is a bad one-- even assuming we could do it, how would you verify such a large factoring was correct.

 

RenUnconscious,

 

yes, the more people who knew winning lottery number, the bigger the paradox. i hesitate to use the word paradox because there isn't actually a paradox-- the multiple universe discovery explains that. the 'paradox' is just a fancy simplified word to describe the discrepancy between your universe and mine. the physicists describe descrepancy in some equation that just involves the actual physical difference between the worldlines of every single quantum of matter-energy over their history-- it's a simply physics thing involving mass and temperature and etc, it's not a subjective human measurement.

 

that said, think about it-- the most efficient way to alter the most amount of matter and energy is by affecting the lives of intelligent creatures. if i transmitted the winning lottery numbers (assuming i even had them which i don't), and if those numbers came up, i'd instantly be talking to a world very different than my own past.

 

>Did I miss a world war or something? I thought WWII ended in 1945, when did WWIII happen.

 

world war three never happened. or if you prefer, it was won nonviolently by the nato nations.

 

>how old are you? If you dont mind me asking, what year were u born in.

 

i'd meant to get around to this. i am one of the younger members of the project which i suppose is why i'm bold enough to even attempt this mission that no one else believed in. i am 29 years old. i was born in 2006 ym, which is 2012 ad.

 

i know i've mentioned the era shift in some emails but i think this is the first time its come up in public so let me mention it. as you all know, when the new american republic was formed, there were huge informational purges that swept away everything about the old federal government and its social order. instead, the new republic was (and is) very rural oriented, very local/regional community-based, very frugal, very pro-military, very family-obsessed, and very very very christian.

 

as you might expect, there was a lot of change for change sake-- changing things for political propaganda purposes. anyway, one of the stupider decisions was that it was decided that the ad dating system wasn't 'christian enough'. At some point (i'm not sure if it's in your past or your future) they find evidence that the census that made jesus be born in bethlehem happened later than 1 ad and jesus therefore couldn't have really been born in 1 ad and therefore it was 'demeaning of gods plan' to date things for the wrong year. so, they changed to ym (year of the messiah) and it took quickly, because no one wants to give any hint that they are traitors or aren't christian enough.

 

this complicates both history and cross-time communications a little. it's simpler for our project because we can just use the ad system when talking about any year prior to 2011 ad-- what the government thinks of our dating system is the least of our problems. historians operating in the public have to convert though-- it considered a little dangerous and unamerican to even quote a year in the old system.

 

>So u are assuring us we will attack Iran. Then we have our civil war?

well, there's more time there than your sentence might imply, but essentially. of course, theres always a chance none of this happens in your universe-- good for you, bad for the project. but i wouldn't put a lot of hope in it not happening-- our whole entire project is built upon the assumption that we are talking with our past or a universe very very close to it.

 

but yes, iran will be attacked. but then you read the same headlines we download every day, how can you doubt that the ultimate outcome won't be an attack on iran. the writing is already on the wall for that issue.

 

>Tell us more about this project.

 

i can't give you precise details-- not because i don't want you to know, but because there's a good chance our enemies monitor these discussions. but the basic outline is obvious.

 

we communicate with the past for the same reason they travel to it. the downside about global information purges and mass deletions and book burnings and such is that one day you make wake up and wish you had some of that information you so patriotically destroyed.

 

i don't have to tell you that your time is an informational golden age. every kind of data you could possibly want, you have. elevation data with meter resolution for every point on the earth's surface. the precise location of every road, every house, every business. the wiring information for telecommunication nets. the protocols for every satellite communication. algorithms for practically anything you can imagine. satellite imagery of every point on the earth's surface. the results of scientific experiments. whole libraries of scientific papers and discussions. mathematics.

 

(and that's not to mention all the art you have. more films than a person could watch in their entire lifetime. more song recordings than any one person could listen to. any kind of food you want. on and on and on. my envy is great.)

 

in any case, it's hard to jumpstart a good science program if you kill all the scientists. the whole reason the nar is weak is that my entire generation has grown up with anti-intellectual indoctrination. in your time, everyone is literate, everyone is computer-literate, and every twelve year old boy can and does write their own computer programs it seems. try having a science program when you have a nation of fundamentalist farmers. it doesn't work. so they cheat. they go back to that sinful age of heathens because it turns out they shouldn't have destroyed all those computers after all. of course, the general public has no idea. if you went to someone in my time and tried to tell them time travel is possible, they first would believe you, and second would doubt why anyone would want anything from 2006.

 

now it may be i've overestimated my strength here. after all, the military is sending whole cars back in time while we rebels are sending only photons. but just because they have more resources doesn't mean they're smarter.

 

>You keep saying you need help, can you state publicly what help you are looking for?

 

I've told several people privately, so no, it won't hurt to say it publically. 'the project' (which has a proper name i'm not giving out for security purposes) has around 900 separate objectives that were all layed out and prioritized before we ever started. they all could fall under the heading of 'getting information from your time'-- nothing like trying to change the past or anything insane like that. the ones i'm working on here are in the botton 800. i'm a very unimportant person in the grand scheme of things, and the really big priorities are too important to risk on help from message boards people.

 

the project is limited by the bandwidth of the bridge (which was itself limited by the power source used to send it backwards in time). my own personal mission on this message board is to augment that bandwidth through a technique called caching.

 

we have scouted locations through the country that are known to be undisturbed for the interval between 2006 ad and the present. my mission on here is to convince people to purchase expensive datasets from various institutions, store them on optical or magnetic media, and place them in one of the pre-designated locations. if all goes well, in a year or two we send teams out to collect, and maybe we'll get lucky and someone will have done it.

 

keep in mind, right now, even though i know where the cache locations are, we have not disturbed the location. because if we had dug up one of the caches before the project began, it would have been empty, because we hadn't recruited anyone to place anything in it. but then, once the project began, my attempts to recruit people to place things in the caches would, you guessed it, result in forks, because in your universe the cache would be full, but in ours it would be empty. so the sequence is important: first we scout the location, then we recruit, then we check.

 

everyone is super paranoid about forks (or 'paradoxes' as you call them). i personally don't know if all this attention is as essentials as they make it out to be. maybe the cache are all filled, have been filled for thirty odd years, and all we have to do is go harvest them, even though the recruiting isn't done. i mean, how would we know? but i'm inclined to let caution prevail.

 

of course, the other trick in the cache harvesting will be logistical-- the security risk for the harvest teams-- as i've said, the military may be monitoring these communications. Any time travellers they've sent to 2006 might pose as a willing cacher, only to arrange an ambush and arrest whoever shows up to dig it up. travel also is much trickier in my time-- no more travelling from new york to la just for the fun of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we have scouted locations through the country that are known to be undisturbed for the interval between 2006 ad and the present. my mission on here is to convince people to purchase expensive datasets from various institutions, store them on optical or magnetic media, and place them in one of the pre-designated locations. if all goes well, in a year or two we send teams out to collect, and maybe we'll get lucky and someone will have done it.

 

keep in mind, right now, even though i know where the cache locations are, we have not disturbed the location. because if we had dug up one of the caches before the project began, it would have been empty, because we hadn't recruited anyone to place anything in it. but then, once the project began, my attempts to recruit people to place things in the caches would, you guessed it, result in forks, because in your universe the cache would be full, but in ours it would be empty. so the sequence is important: first we scout the location, then we recruit, then we check.

 

 

plainly this is bs!

first u say ur in a different universe, so this wouldnt work.

second, who says your at the front of the timeline? if you checked the cache before the project began, something could still have been there if we use your model of time travel, cus there would be a future version of yourself already communicating with us, telling us to put something somewhere. so just by creating the cache they should become instantly full. and why does it have to be something expensive? why not just something inconspicuous to prove that your for real, if i went and placed something there now, you could go and check it and would know what it is. instantly. this would mean i could send you stuff to the future all day long and u could tell me what i was sending.

but your not from the future. so you cant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

>first u say ur in a different universe, so this wouldnt work.

 

but if you think about it, i don't have to be in the same universe for it to work, so long as i am in a nearby universe. supposedly there are an infinity of universes, but let's imagine for a second that there are only three. let's call your universe 1, and my universe 2, and then there's a third universe 3. so messages from me in universe 2:2043ad travel to you in universe 1:2006ad. but if universe 1 and universe 2 are adjacent/nearby, then that means that in my universe, universe 2, someone in 2006ad also received messages from someone from 2043ad. so we'll call the origin of those messages universe 3. universe 3 is similar to universes 1 and 2, so that means in universe 3:2006ad, someone received messages also. and the origin of those messages is your universe, universe 1.

 

i hope i'm not just confusing you, so let's graph it.

 

universe 2 (mine) sends messages to universe 1 (yours).

universe 3 sends messages to universe 2.

universe 1 (yours) sends messages to universe 3.

 

2->1

3->2

1->3

 

see how this works. _if_ (and it's a big if) but if these universes are nearby and therefore similar, then my actions can affect my own universe's past, even though i may not directly affect it.

 

> if you checked the cache before the project began,

> something could still have been cus there would be

> a future version of yourself already communicating with us,

> telling us to put something somewhere. so just by creating

> the cache they should become instantly full.

 

this would be called an 'exotic solution'. it is possible, but supposedly this would be tempting fate to check the caches before starting the project. the reason is, suppose something happened to us-- we were apprehended and the project never happened. that means that our universe and all nearby universes will not have projects to recruit people in 2006ad to fill the caches. so therefore, our caches can only be filled if we happen to exist the border between dissimilar universes (universes with successful projects) and similar universes (universes in which the project fails). probabalistically, these universe are much rarer. more common are universes surrounded by similar universes which are well distant from dissimilar universes.

 

supposedly, we therefore maximize our chances of finding filled caches if we complete the project before we check the caches.

 

 

>why does it have to be something expensive?

 

not all of the needed datasets are proprietary. there are free ones on the list too. but, in general, the free ones are available online and have the potential to transmitted through the bridge. but i didn't mean to imply that the contents of hte caches are always expensive. some are not. but the real hard part of this mission is convincing complete strangers to spend substantials sums of money ordering commercial databases and then traveling hundreds of miles in order to bury them in the ground. it's amazing anyone ever does it, but they do.

 

--

answering questions from an email:

 

>how did you make a singularity?

 

singularities are made during collisions in giant particle accelerators run by the military. it turns out that making them isn't actually as hard as harvesting them-- supposedly trillions are made every second by cosmic rays that hit the atmosphere. the hard part is keeping them contained-- otherwise they naturally tend to evaporate through something called hawking radition.

 

making and containing a singularity is beyond our project's capabilities. the singularity in our project, which was used to insert the bridge, was stolen in a raid that hijacked one that was being transported from an accelerator to an industrial application site. people died to bring us that singularity, and without their sacrifice, the project would be impossible.

 

>how is the project going?

 

very good. we've been working for a long time and the end is in sight. my particular task in coming here (which is just one of several tasks i've worked on) is going pretty well too. I have three different individuals that look like they're going to help with the cacheing.

 

>are you really named gregory tarasoff?

 

no-- it's a pseudonym i chose for personal reasons. to use my real name would be dangerous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heh. like you style i gotta give you credit. im not here to argue the finer points, i dont believe a word your saying but ill debate it with u all day. no time now though, please keep coming back because you at least have a good story to tell! not like some of the losers on here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want an idea who this person is then do a word search on the words "very very very" here at TTI. Actualy Zeshua used "very very" alot in her posts/emails. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tarasoff (v. Regents of the University of California?),

 

>Why did you come to this board?

 

We first came here to try to figure out who titor was. we still dont know. then later this board seemed like it would be the most receptive to helping us as a backup if the main method fails.

 

 

I don't get it...maybe I'm just dense (which is entirely possible)...if you wanted to figure out who Titor was, why didn't your people choose, say, November 2, 2000 for you to start posting instead of April of 2006?

 

Don't you think that it would be just a tad easier to figure out who he was by entering the hunt at a time when he was actually here? He left almost six years ago.

 

BTW: Why are you looking for "John Titor" on this board?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tarasoff,

 

before i posted my first message, i was sure to confirm that 600 digits is well beyond the ability of anyone alive in 2006.

 

 

http://home.netcom.com/~jrhowell/math/software.htm

 

August 24, 1999

 

 

fac.exe and fact.exe

 

 

1. Introduction

 

"fac" is a program that does arithmetic and trial factoring on

large integers. The current version will work with numbers up to about 2400 digits.

 

"fac" runs on MS-DOS, or in a DOS window on Windows 95/98/NT or OS/2. Note that the factoring part does not run well on NT, because NT "thinks" that the program is only checking the keyboard and not doing anything useful.

 

"fact" is similar to "fac", except that is a 32-bit application, and it can work with much larger numbers than "fac", up to a few million digits (at least in theory), though working with numbers that large is very slow! There is a Windows 95/98/NT version and an OS/2 version of "fact".

 

This write-up applies to both "fac" and "fact". Statements and

examples that refer to "fac" apply equally well to "fact", except

where differences are noted.

 

 

http://home.netcom.com/~jrhowell/sw/fac.txt

 

You should have checked a bit closer before posting. These programs date back to 1999.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

darby,

 

nice to finally meet you. i've heard people mention you by name before.

 

titor is a very, very minor part of the project. but we would like to know about him. but not so much that we would let that priority dictate the insertion date. (we also don't want to go out of our way to help him know about us, though it wouldn't be that big of a deal if the military found out we were posting here).

 

i'm not looking for titor directly, just looking for information about it. for example, we seriously doubt that the story about getting an ibm computer is the whole truth behind his mission. why would he bother coming to 2000ad to get a circa 1975ad computer. the story that he'd make a jump just to visit mom and dad and a message board-- that doesn't add up. he had some other reason for being in 200ad.

 

the author of that program is completely incorrect. his program could never factor numbers that big-- it would take literally forever.

 

consider the document at this internet address: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA-704

 

this is a 212 digit number. there is a 30,000 dollar prize for anyone who can factor it. so, if there was anyone on earth who could factor it, they would have. we factored a 600 digit number in a matter of hours. this is simply completely impossible using 2006ad technology. it wasn't easy for us to do it-- there is no way anyone in 2006ad could do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if u solve it for me ill split it wit u, stick half in a savings account and u can be rich in ur time :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...