Curious Cosmos
Sign in to follow this  
DarwinMurphy

I am here for now on assignment

Designer;

First off, call me Dar.

OK, I think I have the understanding of what your vernacular lingo calls a divergence. If I get it properly, a divergence is when post-x events cause a 'paradox' in pre-x events.

For some, the only way to explain this is that there has to be at least two lines of liner time that allocates for each and every event.

In essence, you are describing a variant of the grandfather paradox, which is one of the first problems we are given to solve before we are truly trained.

If I am totally alone from the time I turn 7 years old to the time I turn 8, and then go back in time visit myself, I could not have been alone. If I were not alone, then there is no reason why I should feel the need to go keep myself company, which means that I would be alone. how can these two constructs exist and neither be false without ther being two lines of events?

Well events are no more absolute than frames of reference are aboslute to the observer; whihc means that aqn outside observer would see it differently. Einstein tried to explain this, but he lacked the experience and was working off of his imagination, which was as much correct as Newton's was.

In your riddle, make make two assumptions of the aboslute that belay the answer. First and foremmost, you assume that the point of view of hisotry perceived is actual and not incidental. Secondly, you assume that an action in my linear future (taking place in my liner past), will have a causal effect on my liner past.

The big mistake I see is that you assume, just because scientists have said so and many books were published on the matter, that events will always happen in chronological order, as they are meant to be, and nothing will change this. changing those means that there will be a paradox, or a divergence as you see it. this is not the case, the universe is not so rigid.

The fact that I have fond memories of playing the CDX and it no longer ever existed doesn't change the fact that it happened, but ended up not happening. I merely have true memories of history actual, whilst histori reich changed that piece of reality.

Depending upon the T-mass...the temporal mass...changing a thing might have no effect, or little effect.

I've actually never met myself, and wouldn't know what to say or do if I did, except maybe warn myself about Cindy Shershaw (that bitch!).

If what you proposed wer to happen one of two things would happen. If me visiting myself would have little or no impact on the grand scheme of the universe, then I would have two memories of that time. This is because our minds keep[ track of events in linear time. I would have the momory of being alone for the whole time, but yet visited bymyself to keep me company. My youthful mind would more than likely reject that fanciful idea in lieu of me having sn imaginary frined that wasme from 28 yearsd in the future. my adult memory would include the trip back, and the visits to myself.

If I were still instream, my memories would tell me that I would have been utterly alone except for this guy Dar, whom visited me and kept me company. I twould not be until much later that i make the decisions that lead me to go back and keep myself company. Of course, this is all subjective to the fluz of the universe.

Now sometimes a mobious does occur, but it is a small matter, because the currents of time flow no matter what a localized pool decides to do.

Consider time and event like an ocean. you wade into it as deep as you dare holding the biggest veesel you can. You dip down and pull out some of space time and throw it to the shore. No matter what you do, or how fast you throw the waters of time onto the shore, you cannot make a lasting dent in the waters, nor can you drain it, nor can you make the slightest difference from where you are in the coastline. Now matter how much you change the wtaers around you, you cannot change the ocean. At worst, you've created fragged wtaers where you are standing in time.

There are no divergences, only changes, and only those outside the loop can see the changes as they happen.

Now one of the thuggies, Tuliem, had to frag himself. He did not blink out of existence, and the uiniverse is still here.

This only means that the universe is open to changes, as all things happen in the same instance, and th universe has plenty of tricks to even out.

I'll say it one last time, there is no divergence, there are no alrtnates; regardless of what popuar fiction and scientists say, and the universe isd fully capable of adjusdting to asnything.

Think of it this way. you know that the universe is fully capable of accomidating new stars being born and others exploding. do you think that if it can handle things of that magnitude that it is not equipped to handle me going and visiting myself 28 years after it happened?

And if you want to know something REALLY shocking, I just found out that Rob Halford is gay, John Ritter is dead, and that there is now pizza with cheese embedded in the crust!

so... ya got any cool tricks or anything neat to show? i get bored easily :D

so you were a misinformation agent in the 40's. could you tell us more about that?

btw, you know your doing much better the second time, if ya know what i mean ;)

so... ya got any cool tricks or anything neat to show? i get bored easily :D

so you were a misinformation agent in the 40's. could you tell us more about that?

btw, you know your doing much better the second time, if ya know what i mean ;)

Chuckling a bit over Dar Dar's comment:

...that there is now pizza with cheese embedded in the crust!

Don't eat too much your mass may increase too much and throw off your time machine and you may not get back to the right area! LOL Do you even claim to have a machine? I don't remember reading about it.

Hmmm...pizza for lunch does sound kinda good right now...........

I like either the veggie kind with Mushrooms, Sliced Roma tomatoes, Green peppers,Red onions,Green olives and Provolone cheese

or the greek kind with olive oil and seasoning, black olives. sweet red onions.spinach,mozzarella and provolone cheese,marinated chicken breast, diced tomatoes and feta cheese.

What is your favorite kind of pizza? UHOH...you now have changed the timeline. I am now ordering pizza for lunch. ripple....ripple....ripple......lol :)

Chuckling a bit over Dar Dar's comment:

...that there is now pizza with cheese embedded in the crust!

Don't eat too much your mass may increase too much and throw off your time machine and you may not get back to the right area! LOL Do you even claim to have a machine? I don't remember reading about it.

Hmmm...pizza for lunch does sound kinda good right now...........

I like either the veggie kind with Mushrooms, Sliced Roma tomatoes, Green peppers,Red onions,Green olives and Provolone cheese

or the greek kind with olive oil and seasoning, black olives. sweet red onions.spinach,mozzarella and provolone cheese,marinated chicken breast, diced tomatoes and feta cheese.

What is your favorite kind of pizza? UHOH...you now have changed the timeline. I am now ordering pizza for lunch. ripple....ripple....ripple......lol :)

So Dar, does Ford Motor Company ring any bells? I'm sure that you know them from the 80's, but what about the 2300's?

I hope they are not one of the evil ones.

So Dar, does Ford Motor Company ring any bells? I'm sure that you know them from the 80's, but what about the 2300's?

I hope they are not one of the evil ones.

Tricks? Nope no quark tricks here. Makes me sound kind of lame, doesn't it?

Gadgets are the realm of James Bond, and such, not my forte.

Tricks? Nope no quark tricks here. Makes me sound kind of lame, doesn't it?

Gadgets are the realm of James Bond, and such, not my forte.

doh! and i was sooo hoping to see a super secret time traveler device. oh well... :(

and since your ordering pamela, get me a pepperoni :D

doh! and i was sooo hoping to see a super secret time traveler device. oh well... :(

and since your ordering pamela, get me a pepperoni :D

Pamela, I think I love you!

All that snarf about mass conservation and not touching matter is pure bunk! I am a particle of the universe merely shifted.

Anybody that tells you that mass must be conserved hasn't figured out that the universe has somuch mass (infinite by our standards) and that merely shifting it about has no effect.

Do I have amachine? Do yo mean some contrpation that I conceived, built, and carry around in left-breast pocket? No! That is the realm of science fiction, it has nothig to do with how things work.

If you want pictures of cool machines that do not function, go look at some of the false claims, thta provid erpictures of boxes with duct tape labels on them. I came through the infernal. It is amachine, but not one that you pop into long-term parking at the airport. It shoots me through time and space, not itself.

And I love almost all kinds of pizza. Although I must confess that your tastes scream to me not of pizza, but of salad on bread. Give me lots of meat, or just meat, on pizza, and I'm happy.

Pamela, I think I love you!

All that snarf about mass conservation and not touching matter is pure bunk! I am a particle of the universe merely shifted.

Anybody that tells you that mass must be conserved hasn't figured out that the universe has somuch mass (infinite by our standards) and that merely shifting it about has no effect.

Do I have amachine? Do yo mean some contrpation that I conceived, built, and carry around in left-breast pocket? No! That is the realm of science fiction, it has nothig to do with how things work.

If you want pictures of cool machines that do not function, go look at some of the false claims, thta provid erpictures of boxes with duct tape labels on them. I came through the infernal. It is amachine, but not one that you pop into long-term parking at the airport. It shoots me through time and space, not itself.

And I love almost all kinds of pizza. Although I must confess that your tastes scream to me not of pizza, but of salad on bread. Give me lots of meat, or just meat, on pizza, and I'm happy.

meat and pizza? your a smart man...

anyways! back to the subject, why are ya here? just to mingle with folks in 2007? cmon man! let the cat out of the bag! your making me nervous...

oh ya, while im thinking about it, misdirection +cops=big time fun! (sorry i didnt know the physics symbols for misdirection and cops ;) )

meat and pizza? your a smart man...

anyways! back to the subject, why are ya here? just to mingle with folks in 2007? cmon man! let the cat out of the bag! your making me nervous...

oh ya, while im thinking about it, misdirection +cops=big time fun! (sorry i didnt know the physics symbols for misdirection and cops ;) )

DKS;

Ford, yes I know them well. In high school I drove one of the gas-saving Mustang models from the late 1970's.

If I remember correctly, the major american auto producers shouldn't be faring too well right now. Some of them will go under, or be bought out by foreign makers. As I recollect, GM will recover form their bakrupcty and continue to be a major maker. Ford will dominate for a short time, but then become number two again for a long while. Whilst the others try and jump the gun with hybrid, and then alternative fuel vehicles, Ford will not partake in that as a major point and shall become the new luxury line through their Lincoln brand.

Are they one of the evil ones? what is evil? there is only how I feel things should be and how others see it. They keep their influence to a minimum, as I remmeber it: as does microsoft, duPont, and a few others. But their lines of military oriented vehicles make the company again solvent in about two decades or so.

DKS;

Ford, yes I know them well. In high school I drove one of the gas-saving Mustang models from the late 1970's.

If I remember correctly, the major american auto producers shouldn't be faring too well right now. Some of them will go under, or be bought out by foreign makers. As I recollect, GM will recover form their bakrupcty and continue to be a major maker. Ford will dominate for a short time, but then become number two again for a long while. Whilst the others try and jump the gun with hybrid, and then alternative fuel vehicles, Ford will not partake in that as a major point and shall become the new luxury line through their Lincoln brand.

Are they one of the evil ones? what is evil? there is only how I feel things should be and how others see it. They keep their influence to a minimum, as I remmeber it: as does microsoft, duPont, and a few others. But their lines of military oriented vehicles make the company again solvent in about two decades or so.

I came through the infernal. It is amachine, but not one that you pop into long-term parking at the airport. It shoots me through time and space, not itself.

How do you get back then?

Why do you call it "the infernal?"

Does it shoot you like a cannonball? lol

What is your basic religion?

Ruthless...I am putting your pizza through the teleporter now. I had to wait for that fly to move out of the way. :)

I came through the infernal. It is amachine, but not one that you pop into long-term parking at the airport. It shoots me through time and space, not itself.

How do you get back then?

Why do you call it "the infernal?"

Does it shoot you like a cannonball? lol

What is your basic religion?

Ruthless...I am putting your pizza through the teleporter now. I had to wait for that fly to move out of the way. :)

Cool gadgets from the future Ruthless, nah! Besides, if i put a picture of anything on here, somebody would say that I MicroGrafix'd it. When I shoot, it's me and what I have on me, which is usually designed to not look out of place. I have my guitar, my knife, and a couple of things that look like nothing more than some small electronic commuhnication devices. I also usually have a few month's worth of income for whatever era I'm in on my person.

And the police? Come on Snarker! You know, as well as I, that in these nanos the police are in a reactionary role. They only react when something has already happened. I could go anywhere and proclaim myself to be myself and all they'd do, is to ask me to leave the building.

Why am I here? I already stated why I am here. I am here to observe some specific chains of events that should happen shortly. One of these, the first non-governmental flight into space, has already happened. I was already in 2004 and observed the maiden launch of SpaceShipOne.

I got reversed and spent two days at Yaz, and then got shot back here to observe the development of the brain can, as we call it. This is a particular bit of computer advancement that will eventually change the way computers are made and used. It will be small news here, but I have to keep looking.

I'm not truly here to mingle with everyone, although I am having fun doing so, and it won't hurt things one bit if I do. I'm actually here to take a count of how many are open to the idea of time travel, and how many think that I'm full of snarf.

For me, this is a long overdue vacation of sorts. I'm here to so when, or if, certain things happen, and that is all. In the interim, I get to pretty much do what I want to. I spend most of the day looking over articles and checking facts as they stand now, but in the evenings I get fugazied and talk on here. Plus there's people I can meet, things to do, pizza types to try, and booze is flowing here.

So my motives are not purely vacation, neither are they anything of import, I imagine. I am looking for the brain can to be implemented, and spending the rest ofmy time in leisure.

Cool gadgets from the future Ruthless, nah! Besides, if i put a picture of anything on here, somebody would say that I MicroGrafix'd it. When I shoot, it's me and what I have on me, which is usually designed to not look out of place. I have my guitar, my knife, and a couple of things that look like nothing more than some small electronic commuhnication devices. I also usually have a few month's worth of income for whatever era I'm in on my person.

And the police? Come on Snarker! You know, as well as I, that in these nanos the police are in a reactionary role. They only react when something has already happened. I could go anywhere and proclaim myself to be myself and all they'd do, is to ask me to leave the building.

Why am I here? I already stated why I am here. I am here to observe some specific chains of events that should happen shortly. One of these, the first non-governmental flight into space, has already happened. I was already in 2004 and observed the maiden launch of SpaceShipOne.

I got reversed and spent two days at Yaz, and then got shot back here to observe the development of the brain can, as we call it. This is a particular bit of computer advancement that will eventually change the way computers are made and used. It will be small news here, but I have to keep looking.

I'm not truly here to mingle with everyone, although I am having fun doing so, and it won't hurt things one bit if I do. I'm actually here to take a count of how many are open to the idea of time travel, and how many think that I'm full of snarf.

For me, this is a long overdue vacation of sorts. I'm here to so when, or if, certain things happen, and that is all. In the interim, I get to pretty much do what I want to. I spend most of the day looking over articles and checking facts as they stand now, but in the evenings I get fugazied and talk on here. Plus there's people I can meet, things to do, pizza types to try, and booze is flowing here.

So my motives are not purely vacation, neither are they anything of import, I imagine. I am looking for the brain can to be implemented, and spending the rest ofmy time in leisure.

Pamela!!!! I get it...the remake of the Fly with Seth Brundle as the main character!!!!

I LOVE movies! Especially super hero movies.

So how do I get back. I'll give you detailsif you want, but in essence, I get reverse pulled back when they shut the machine off.

we call it the infernasl (not my name fo rit but it fits) because when you shoot through it it's like going through Hell! It's like having every atom in your body shooting off in polar opposite directions at once, and having every mistake or bad deed you've ever dfown crammed down your throat for infinity. I usually vomit, an dothersw are lucky enough to pass out. thephysical pressure is paramount, and you cannot breath for what has to be forever. It's like dying and being awake during the trial.

Religion? I am a polytheistic agnostic. I acknowledge and respect the prescence of a supreme being of sorts, but I do not worry about any dogmatic structure to govern my beliefs. Having seen amultitude of peoples and a plethora of religions, they ar pretty much the same, as the revolution will teach you. I believe in truth and action and I don't begrudge anyone elsew their beliefs.

Pamela!!!! I get it...the remake of the Fly with Seth Brundle as the main character!!!!

I LOVE movies! Especially super hero movies.

So how do I get back. I'll give you detailsif you want, but in essence, I get reverse pulled back when they shut the machine off.

we call it the infernasl (not my name fo rit but it fits) because when you shoot through it it's like going through Hell! It's like having every atom in your body shooting off in polar opposite directions at once, and having every mistake or bad deed you've ever dfown crammed down your throat for infinity. I usually vomit, an dothersw are lucky enough to pass out. thephysical pressure is paramount, and you cannot breath for what has to be forever. It's like dying and being awake during the trial.

Religion? I am a polytheistic agnostic. I acknowledge and respect the prescence of a supreme being of sorts, but I do not worry about any dogmatic structure to govern my beliefs. Having seen amultitude of peoples and a plethora of religions, they ar pretty much the same, as the revolution will teach you. I believe in truth and action and I don't begrudge anyone elsew their beliefs.

now thats cool, an interstellar-timetraveling guitar playing portal hopper!

youve got an awesome life, i just stare at a computer monitor all day :)

could you tell me more about the 40's? :)

now thats cool, an interstellar-timetraveling guitar playing portal hopper!

youve got an awesome life, i just stare at a computer monitor all day :)

could you tell me more about the 40's? :)