Curious Cosmos
Sign in to follow this  
Knowledge

Hurricane Katrina ties it all together (Civil War)

Hurricane Katrina has confirmed a lot of what John Titor has said and it seems like it is also paving the way for more predictions to come true.

John said to buy hydrogen cells stocks. (I considered doing this, but I'm not that rich and not that old enough.) Just yesterday, I checked the prices of major hydrogen cell stocks, and they rose about a dollar each. (Some started high in price, some started at like $2.) A dollar in a day is AMAZING, if you didn't know.

John mentioned Waco-type events would start occuring each month. This is very possible, as New Orleans is now in a state of anarchy and all the rescue police have been funneled into law enforcement. Maybe some will die from "nonlethal" weapons, just as John said some people would. I mean, police wouldn't use machine guns and rocket launchers to take out civilians, or would they? :eek:

John mentioned that 100,000 people would die from something too. If the total deaths from Hurricane Katrina results to 100,000, I know that I will be freaked out. (Maybe move to Omaha, since John said that becomes the new capital, and therefore I think that it won't be bombed or something?)

Hurricane Katrina has put a lot of strain in the gas industry, and it almost seems like the value of the dollar is tied with gasoline prices. If gasoline spirals out of control, maybe our economy, and our patience, will go with it. (Katrina destroyed, sunk, and moved hundreds of oil rigs out in the Gulf of Mexico.) This, along with the New Orleans situation, may cause a second civil war (which John also predicted).

John said he would not mention major disasters (both man-made and natural). If he told us about 9/11, we would not get his allusion to Iraq's weapons of mass destruction and critical events that took place in his worldline (and probably ours) would not occur. (What's amazing is that John used the exact phrase, "weapons of mass destruction," that Bush would soon popularize in 2003.) If he told us about Hurricane Katrina, we would probably be able to prepare and avoid the upcoming Civil War.

As you can see, Hurricane Katrina supports John in so many ways. What do you think about what I've written? (Please reply as much as you'd like; I'd like to become famous someday for my John Titor knowledge and beliefs, if he really is a time traveller, which I KNOW he is :) )

Re: Hurricane Katrina ties it all together

Hurricane Katrina has confirmed a lot of what John Titor has said

No, it really hasn't. And if you are going to make claims like that, I'd like to see you back them up with SOLID connections between what he said and what came to pass. Not like this:
John mentioned Waco-type events would start occuring each month. This is very possible, as New Orleans is now in a state of anarchy and all the rescue police have been funneled into law enforcement.

Please describe to us how New Orleans being in a state of anarchy is anything like a "Waco-type" event. The connection is lost on me, unless you are just stretching so far as to MAKE Titor's prediction true.
John mentioned that 100,000 people would die from something too. If the total deaths from Hurricane Katrina results to 100,000, I know that I will be freaked out.

So will I, but not for the same reasons you will be freaked out. Note that he said "100,000 people would be dead TOMORROW." That means, if you hold true to his exact words, you cannot count ANY deaths from the secondary effects of Katrina (i.e. disease, etc.). If you did, that would not be TOMORROW, now would it?
This, along with the New Orleans situation, may cause a second civil war

Care to give me odds and make a wager on that? Put your money where your mouth is? And don't forget that Titor's predictions were clearly tying his civil war to the results of the last presidential election. NOWHERE did he even make an insinuation that it would be tied to a natural disaster.
What's amazing is that John used the exact phrase, "weapons of mass destruction," that Bush would soon popularize in 2003

You've got to be kidding, right? What do you think the UN inspectors were looking for well before Bush even got into office? Want to go back and find some internet reports (on the UN site itself!) for their references to WMD? The person who dreamed up the Titor story had full access to that term prior to late 2000. THAT I can prove! ;)
As you can see, Hurricane Katrina supports John in so many ways.

I see nothing of the sort. What I DO see is a person stretching Titor's vague predictions to fit what has happened, and in many cases your stretching is even contradicted by Titor's own words.
I'd like to become famous someday

Wow. Ulterior motive for you to believe Titor is real! Now THAT won't cloud your credibility one bit, right? :) RMT

Hey everyone,

Do not disagree with RMT. He runs this board. Please check with him first before posting anything, to make sure he agrees, and he gives you the OK to post. Especially anything about titor.

RMT will tell you what to write, what to think, what to feel. It makes so much easier than thinking for yourself.

tick, tick, tick, ......

waiting for the RMT tirade in response to the last post.....

Sure as the sun rises. I can feel his temper rising as I write.

All that just because you suck at science and critical thinking, MEM? I don't see many convincing arguments from you. No, about all I see from you are insults and provocation. You know, the work of tiny little minds.

RMT

Yeah, you like it trolly? Just like you enjoy taking things off topic? Sad little boy. Bad little boy. Your mommy is going to spank you tonight.

RMT

actually I agree with MEM.

RMT u can be a real, well, I can't say it here but you know what I am thinking.

your science trumps all opinions.

your logic is NEVER wrong.

and you will either take offense to this email or realize this is a community and all opinions matter.

you will also reply to this?

you will also reply to this?

Sure, why not? At least you are not blatantly insulting people just to evoke a response, Ren.
your science trumps all opinions.

Who said it was MY science? Science is science, and it stands on its own because of verification through experiments. So I'd say that science (not just MY science) trumps all opinions that are incorrect. That is a true statement.
your logic is NEVER wrong.

Show me where it is wrong (according to science) and I will admit it. Perhaps you and MEM are just upset because I don't make claims based on uninformed opinion, but rather on scientific fact? One mark of an intelligent person is that they do not make claims that are not based on science and verifiable facts. I don't apoligize for being an engineering professor who wants to educate people. That is not something one should have to apoligize for. In fact, some people pay for it. ;)
and you will either take offense to this email or realize this is a community and all opinions matter.

Ren, I don't think I have EVER taken offense to anything you have said. You are, for the most part, polite and you seek answers that can be verified through science. Opinions are great, but the purpose of this forum IS to try to achieve time travel, right? And that requires science moreso than opinions. Or at least opinions that are in concert with science, right? I get the feeling you want to get to the scientific heart of the matter, whereas MEM is here just to stir up trouble. I eat people like him for lunch. To me, it's FUN! :yum: And at the same time other people can benefit by seeing how his tactics are exposed (if they so choose).I have never attempted to prevent ANYONE from expressing their opinion. But I WILL challenge those opinions that are not based in fact. Isn't that the kind of thing that is HEALTHY if we are seeking truth?

But if you want to side with MEM, a pathetic sadist who enjoys insulting people, stirring up trouble, and trying to pass off his "interpretations" as somehow scientific, you are free to do that.

RMT

cut, paste, rant.....

cut, paste, rant.....

cut, paste, rant.....

cut, paste, rant.....

cut, paste, rant.....

cut, paste, rant.....

cut, paste, rant.....

cut, paste, rant.....

cut, paste, rant.....

cut, paste, rant.....

cut, paste, rant.....

cut, paste, rant.....

I found these in a news article:

-Tourist Debbie Durso of Washington, Mich., said she asked a police officer for assistance and his response was, "'Go to hell — it's every man for himself.'"

If that happened here, it would be hilarious... but over there, it's kind of sad.

-Every so often, an armored state police vehicle cruised in front of the convention center with four or five officers in riot gear with automatic weapons.

I wonder if they plan to use them...

-Donald Dudley, a 55-year-old New Orleans seafood merchant, complained that when he and other hungry refugees broke into the kitchen of the convention center and tried to prepare food, the National Guard chased them away.

"They pulled guns and told us we had to leave that kitchen or they would blow our damn brains out," he said. "We don't want their help. Give us some vehicles and we'll get ourselves out of here!"

I hope he wasn't serious...

I'll say it again.

There's a whole world out there.

The 100,000 that everyone is constantly referring to ALREADY HAPPENED!

Yes, that's right!

And it all happened within the space of a couple of days, too.

But it happened in Indonesia (that's in Asia by the way), so I don't know if it counts?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/12/30/asia.quake/

By the way, a lot of that was indeed sarcasm. I've yet to see anyone anywhere on this site mention anything about the tsunami disaster. I'm sure that someone has, but really, almost everything discussed here seems limited the US, the Middle East, and oil. Nothing else.

And if that's true, then think about what else you people may be missing...

knowledge,

I checked the prices of major hydrogen cell stocks, and they rose about a dollar each. (Some started high in price, some started at like $2.) A dollar in a day is AMAZING, if you didn't know.

No, a dollar rise for a $2.00 penny stock is not amazing. It happens all the time.

Penny stocks in this range trade either on the Nasdsaq or as Pink Sheet stocks strictly over the counter. They have very low volume and are easily manipulated. Sites like The Raging Bull are rampant with penny stock manipulation attempts. If someone can get even one days special interest in the stock by (for instance) spreading a rumor online, because of the low volume, they can manipulate the price up a dollar easily. The problem is dumping the stock without running the price down too quickly. The low volume is the problem at both ends of this stinker.

The real proof for one of these issues is what its price is 6 months or a year from now. That's the difference between investing in fuel cell technology and speculating in fuel cell technology. Can you buy the stock at yesterday's $2.00, invest a few thousand dollars, and hang on to it while it takes Mr. Toad's Wild Ride up and down? Almost all of these under capitalized penny stock companies go belly up.

New Orleans/Katrina won't play a significant factor in the future of hydrogen cell technology. The price of crude will have much more influence. When gasoline prices are high enough then it will make the cost/risk/reward profile for alternative fuels attractive. And then the Middle East can be told to return to the Middle Ages with a, "No thank you. We don't need your crude. We have our own fuel." :)

But if you're really interested in hydrogen fuel cell companies, follow what Bill Gates is doing. He's been the world's number one individual hydrogen fuel cell technology investor for several years.

Hurricane Katrina will have an effect on the hydrogen fuel cell economy; it has moved and destroyed enough oceanic oil rigs to make a difference in the price of gasoline. And you are right; the price of oil (and the expected price of oil) does have a major impact on anything to do with hydrogen fuel cells. Also, its not just the $2.00 stock that rose $1, all of the stocks I saw on that day did (and that was at least a dozen stocks).

Also, I don't necessarily view Hurricane Katrina as the cause of Civil War II; I view it as a major catalyst to Civil War II. Just saying :) .

Nice link, OvrLrd.

Here is a link you may find interesting and fun to cruise through.

alternative energy research website

The article that discusses wind turbines and wind power options pretty much backs up the viability of a technology I described recently in the "New Science and Alternate Energies" forum: Katrina: A Storm Brimming With Free Power!

Here is a little futurist's hint: When you hear of a company that is going to build massive, strong wind turbines that can tap into hurricane wind energy and dissipate hurricane impacts on coastlines... you had better buy stock in it. ;)

One thing has always been true about the USA: We have always learned from our disasters, and made things better as a result of it. New Orleans will be rebuilt, and it will be better than it was before as a result. That's just the way us Americans do things. We seem to be obsessed with always making things better, and we've developed technologies that help us do that.

As terrible and ghastly as Katrina's wrath has been on the Gulf States, there will be lessons and technologies that evolve from these lessons. I call it the closed-loop learning of memory-based information processing systems... the system naturally seeks to improve upon its previous performance. There are even equations that describe it. :)

RMT

Re: Hurricane Katrina ties it all together (Civil

Hi I would like to add that, John Titor perhaps refers in an indirect way to american events to get credibility among his own people.

And that the number of deaths in New Orleans is said to go around the thousands, we wont know for sure until after a long time, just like in the tragedy of Dec 26, 2004.

But also that his or her vague references can be a psychological study for a university thesis.

Making vague statements can leave wide open the argument for interpretation, as much as Nostradamus is so vague that he could be talking about anything in his verses (sonnets).

I would carefully analyze and accept his references with some doubts.

It's easier to predict social changes and events than predict a person's specific future.

It's has been done before by Jules Verne, H.G.Wells and so on.

I am just crossing my fingers that the bible code people* is wrong about the oil and economic crisis in 2005 (uh no we have one worldwide oil crisis right now, just look at the price the damn thing got) and this would cause a nuclear war for oil among the remaining super powers in 2006 (crossing all fingers this time), such as USA, Russia and China, and who knows who else N.Korea, Israel, Iran, Pakistan, India, oh damn, where can I dig my nuclear shelter again?

:(

*Discovery channel.

RMT as far as I am concerned, I think you are nuts!

Ever read about wind turbines, they will not stand the wind speed, and like the rest of the crap, there goes the wind turbine along with the hurricane. I sure they won't survive a tornado either, but given that New Orleans which someone from there said on 60 minutes tonight -- they just did not have the money to build more than a level 3 hurricane wall. But before all the crazies say anything, the Federal Government (read Bush) told them to make it as least a level 4 hurricane wall, and this guy said well, it should have started 20 years ago, and they can not do it, and do not have the money. The Mayor of New Orleans has settled down some, but again, it is bureacracy, laws, and the paper work that is stupid concerning anything done in this Country.

Now, is it the City's fault, the paper work, or the Federal Government fault?

What about the Governor of Louisana, and what about people who do not (even if they can not help themselves) think of survival, or the syndrome of what I call -- leave it to someone else?

All factors play into the arena, but the end result is that no one can ask for help without first feeding the paper work through the System!

Who is deciding to play God? (Certainly it is not Bush!)

The facts are the facts, excuses after excuses given out by people who feel they can do nothing about any of it and always -- it is the other guys' fault!

The technology coming out of this won't be anymore than what can be done with technology!

Where is the money spent?

Where does it all go?

The people are no jobs because of all of it, no life, and still the same ol' reply -- we could die tomorrow --- well yes, because some people have their heads up their As~!

The only miracle coming out of some people are from Hell!

Funny, that I just have realized this

A while ago (on one of the posts), I related an experience I had with my parents while we were driving down a highway. Every now and then, we would pass someone who was in obvious distress with their vehicle. I was amazed that so many people could pass them by without stopping to help. Their explanation was fear. The risk of helping someone was too great and with today's technology, they probably had a cell phone anyway. If they didn't, the walk to a gas station would be good for them and teach them a lesson for running out of gas.

And another vague reference to running out of gas.

When I arrive in the "new" 1998 worldline on my way home I could easily start all of this again and continue to go through the same conversations with all of the same people. However, I already know you won't pay any attention or believe me because we've already been through it on this worldline. Besides, I think the walk to the gas station will do you some good.

And right now, 2005 gasoline is the problem.

I don't necessarily view Hurricane Katrina as the cause of Civil War II; I view it as a major catalyst to Civil War II.

Same here really.

TimeNot_0,

RMT as far as I am concerned, I think you are nuts!

I'll take that as a compliment, as some of the people with the greatest revolutionary ideas were often said to be nuts... right before people caught on to what they were saying!
Ever read about wind turbines, they will not stand the wind speed, and like the rest of the crap, there goes the wind turbine along with the hurricane. I sure they won't survive a tornado either

You've got to be kidding! May I remind you that I am degreed in, and teach, aerospace engineering. That means one of my primary areas of knowledge is airmass and airspeed effects that produce forces upon bodies. I assure you that structures can be made that can withstand MUCH higher airmass wind forces than even a CAT IV hurricane. Do you realize that a supersonic fighter sees airmass forces MUCH higher than Katrina? Hell, we even send airplanes INTO hurricanes and they come out fine! Let me assure you, TimeNot_0, that if the proper specifications are set out, based on the wind profiles of strong hurricanes, that a wind turbine that can withstand those winds can be designed and tested. I'd bet you can find wind turbines today that are rated out to well over 100 mph windspeeds.

Now, is it the City's fault, the paper work, or the Federal Government fault?

What about the Governor of Louisana, and what about people who do not (even if they can not help themselves) think of survival, or the syndrome of what I call -- leave it to someone else?

All factors play into the arena, but the end result is that no one can ask for help without first feeding the paper work through the System!

Consider this as a big lesson of Katrina: Take responsibility for yourself, and prepare yourself beforehand such that you don't have to ask for help. Instead of RELYING on help, make it your absolute last resort. Too many people ignored the warning to evacuate, expecting that "well, the government will help me out of anything I get into." THIS is the problem with the way so many people look at the government. GOVERNMENT IS NOT AN INSURANCE COMPANY AGAINST YOUR OWN STUPIDITY AND WILLINGNESS TO AVOID LOOKING OUT FOR YOURSELF.For what it's worth: People compaining about the federal government "not doing anything" about this. Well, for over 20 years the Feds have put a LOT of money into hurricane forecasting capabilities. So much so that we now have the ability to predict approximate hurricane corridors, predict windspeeds upon landfall, and GIVE UP TO THREE DAYS WARNING for people to get the flip out of dodge! The Feds did an awful lot to warn people... but people ignored it and thought they knew better, and thought they would be fine. They chose wrong. And that is part of Darwinism, isn't it?

excuses after excuses given out by people who feel they can do nothing about any of it and always -- it is the other guys' fault!

Exactly my point. It is time to take personal responsibility for oneself. I'm prepared for a disaster wherever I go. How many other people can say this?I lost you in your arguments after the above line, TimeNot_0. But thanks for sharing. And thanks for telling me I am nuts! Badge of honor. :P

RMT

And another vague reference

Nothing more than this need be said to point out the problems with Titor's stories. I can make lots of vague references today for things that might happen in the next 5 years. And if I am vague and sly enough in my writing, foolish people will try to twist them to say "RainmanTime said something about this...looks like he was right!"Oh but I forget... no one would EVER admit that RainmanTime was right about something... that's because I am not only scientific and logical, but also a REAL person who doesn't claim to be a time traveler! :yum:

RMT

You can add Nostradamus, vague as no one else.

H.G.Wells was less vague but a visionary like Jules Verne, and now RainmanTime, we are all doomed.