Dizzie's 12 Step Program for Time Travel Recovery
1) Mourn over the loss of my current life while living in a homeless shelter for substinence.
2) Make a commitment never to interact with my younger self in order to avoid a paradox or altering the life I've led to this point.
3) Commit to keeping as low profile as possible (in light of my below plans) in order to avoid changing the course of history until the point in time that I departed arrives again. This is done out of further fear of disrupting spacetime, altering my past, etc.
4) A false identity and new social security number should be fairly easy to come up with at this juncture. I will tell federal employees that I am Amish and assimilating into society against my family's wishes. I will produce a family bible or false record of name and birth. If that doesn't work, I'll buy some credentials underground or something.
5) Timing the stock market for a quick profit is very impractical, even on companies that I know will rise significantly over time. Therefore, I will hitchhike to Vegas where I can work a menial job, save what I can, and legally bet on major sporting events to the best of my recollection. At the least, I can bet against the Buffalo Bills in 3 superbowls in the early 90s if I recall.
6) Once I have significant capital, I can then begin to make more long-term investments, particularly after the dot com bubble around the year 2000.
7) Exercise, eat healthy, and have plastic surgery done to make me look younger.
8) When the point in time of my departure arrives, go back to my wife and kids, 30 years older than when they saw me last. Convince them of my legitimacy.
9) Provide them with the ability to live a more comfortable lifestyle, give charitably to society, and follow their dreams.
10) Urge my wife to find a younger husband and to think of me as an old friend. If she refuses, accept her charity very graciously. If not, move on with life accordingly in understanding.
11) Tell my story to the media and the scientific community.